Sunday, June 14, 2009

Disney, Disney, Disney

All I can say is that we survived 7 nights at Disney World with the trio!!!!

They boys were great about 95% of the time. They did have occasional meltdowns, but overall they did great considering they were confined to the stroller for the most time when we were in the park. They loved the characters and Aiden even danced when we had lunch with the playhouse Disney characters at Hollywood Studios. We were brave and took all three on my all time favorite Disney ride - Small World. Tristan danced while riding through :) It was so hot when we were there (one day it hit 100 degrees) that we took advantage of the extra morning and nighttime magic hours to visit the parks. It was great because it was cooler and there was less waiting in line and we were able to enjoy an afternoon by the pool.

Kaleigh had the time of her life, from meeting the princesses to the day at the beach. It was seeing her reaction and excitement that made it worth the huge amount of effort it took to bring the boys along by ourselves.

So as to not bore you with all the details, Kaleigh has told me her top five favorite things we did while at Disney

1. Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle on her birthday. Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Jasmine were also there, it was sooo cool!
2. Having a group on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom sing her Happy Birthday!
3. Picking up sea shells on our day trip to Cocoa Beach. The boys loved it also and believe it or not they were so fascinated by the ocean they did not move from the towel we had set down!
4. Going to Epcot during extra magic hours and running into Mickey and Friends and not having to wait in long line for photos and autographs.
5. Riding the Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Aladdin Magic Carpet Rides at the Magic Kingdom.

I do wish that I would have gotten a dollar for every comment that was made to us either about the stroller or the boys. I am absolutely serious when I say that I am sure that our trip would have been paid for. I tried to take it all in stride and be polite, but by the end I just had to ignore comments people made or else I would catch myself saying something I might have regretted.

We are now ready to get back into our routine and enjoy the rest of the summer!

Below are some photos of our trip.

Kaleigh with Cinderella


Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table


Leo with Tristan and Brendan at our Playhouse Disney Lunch

Kaleigh with Pluto at Animal Kingdom

Look at that smile - Kaleigh was so excited to see Mickey

The boys enjoying Cocoa Beach



The Villas at Wilderness Lodge where we stayed

No comments:

Layout